Friday, June 6, 2008

Skincare for men and women


Skincare

I came across an article in the newspaper that listed the following skincare tips:

* Drinking plenty of water: Drink at least 8 eight glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. Drinking enough water is necessary to maintain the elasticity and suppleness of the skin.

* Watch your diet: Avoid oily food. Instead, eat more fresh vegetables and fruits which contain vitamins and anti-oxidants. These are not only good for the skin but delay skin damage. You should also avoid sodas, alcohol, and caffeine as they dehydrate the skin.

* Exercise: When you exercise you allow your body to sweat naturally to clear your pores. Furthermore, the oxygen level in your skin tissues will also increase, thus rejuvenating the skin. Lack of exercise will make our skin lose its tone.

* Sufficient sleep: Enough sleep will allow the body to rejuvenate and lack of sleep will cause dark circles under the eyes and wrinkles on the skin.

I am glad that I have been following those guidelines or rather these are my healthy habits. I think these tips do help to slow down aging. The other habit is that every morning I cleanse my face and I repeat the same ritual before I go to bed.



Image source: https://www.gq.com/about/skincare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...