Monday, June 16, 2008

The Beatles and I

The Beatles




The Beatles became world-famous in the ’60s when I was in secondary school. I listened to their songs every day over the radio. The fact was that when a new song was released it shot up to the number 1 spot instantly so their songs were always on the air. One thing about their songs is that you can listen clearly to each and every word that they sung. British people are famous for their clarity in pronunciation. It is also one of the ways I learned to speak and write effective English using simple words by listening to their songs.

I still keep a copy of their LP by the title of “Help”. One of the tracks “Yesterday” is my favorite. The other favorites of mine are “Hey Jude”, “A Hard Day’s Night”, “I Want to Hold Your Hand” and many more.

According to the Recording Industry Association of America, The Beatles have sold more albums in the United States than any other bands. In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked The Beatles No. 1 on its list of 100 greatest Rock & Roll Artists of All Time. According to that same magazine, The Beatles’ innovative music and cultural impact helped define the 60’s, and their influence on pop culture is still evident today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...