Monday, June 9, 2008

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People


This book is one of those important books in my small collection of reference books. I bought this book in Singapore way back in 1990. The seven habits are:

Be Proactive
Begin with the End in Mind
Put First Things First
Think Win/Win
Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
Synergize
Sharpen the Saw

Of the 7 habits, habit 3 and habit 7 impacted me the most.

Put First Things First.

It tells me that I have to set my long ranch goals and from there my yearly goals, my monthly goals, and my daily to-do list are guided by my long ranch goals. Every day, I have a lot of things to do. I always ask myself what is the most important thing I must do today. It is always guided by my ultimate goals. I will then go ahead and do it because I know it will benefit me the most in terms of my vision.

Sharpen the Saw

It means I need to take care of my health (physically, mentally spiritually), my career, my money, my relationship with my family, my co-workers, and the community. It also means lifelong learning. In short, I must live a balanced life.

The book is  one of the bestsellers at amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...