Friday, June 13, 2008

Bruce Lee (1940-1973) and his "SMART" Goals

Bruce Lee

Like Jacky Chan and Jet Lee, Bruce Lee is my favourate actor too. Before he became rich and famous he wrote down his goals,” I, Bruce Lee, will be the highest-paid oriental superstar in Hollywood. To reach my goals, I'll pay a price for it. I’ll bring the most exciting gongfu acts to the audience. I do the best I can to be a quality actor. From the 70’s I will be famous internationally and from the ’70s to the end of the 80’s I’ll accumulate a fortune of 10 million. After that, I’ll live a life I like and I’ll be happy and I’ll find harmony inside my heart.” He then posted the letter to himself.

What were his “SMART” goals?

Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Realistic
Time-limited


According to research, when you have goals in life and you also write them down, your career, your living standard, and your fortune will be way above those who don’t. Perhaps Bruce Lee paid too high a price for his success.

I believe when you have your written goals, they become a constant reminder to yourself. You will work harder when you fall short. You will rejoice when you have archived them. Les Brown once said,” Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...