Tuesday, June 24, 2008

3 Mental Attitudes you must possess to Deal with Problems



The Power of Mental Attitudes

Every day we are faced with many problems: personal problems, family problems, other people’s problems. The magic of the three mental attitudes will help you to overcome the problems gracefully, The three mental attitudes are: 

 1. You have healthy self-esteem and you are confident about your abilities.

2. A positive mental attitude towards problems. Welcome problems to sharpen your problem-solving skills. 

3. A keen interest in helping others to solve their problems. 

 The following incident demonstrates the three mental attitudes: Just the other day I received a phone call from my client. He told me to stop doing the accounting job by the end of the month. I did not say anything and I just hung up. The next day I went to see him. I sat down in front of him and I asked him," What do you want to tell me?” From there he started to talk about his concerns and I explained them clearly to him to relieve his worries. And finally, I asked him” Do you think there are any more problems?" He told me an affirmative no. I still keep the job. Had I approached him on the same day, things would be different. He wasn’t in a good mood and he was not composed to talk. Of course, by the next day, he was calm and more collected and was able to speak his mind clearly.

Image source:https://www.amazon.com/The-Power-Of-Mental-Attitudes/dp/B0796G2T6P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...