Friday, August 1, 2008

Article Writing Tips for Bloggers - The Vital 7 Steps


Article Writing Tips for Bloggers - The Vital 7 Steps

I post an article a day and I write one article a day as well. I don’t write my articles in a rush. In fact, I have a buffer of 14 articles for 14 days. In the first place, I don’t want to be under undue pressure to write in a hurry. I also need to cover the days that I can’t write. Here are the 7 vital steps:

  1. Pick a subject: It is good to write about things that are useful and beneficial to your readers. Give value to your readers for their time spent in reading your articles. One of the best things to happen to me is when I wake up in the morning the ideas are already in my mind. In Chinese, it is called “ling gan” (灵感). It means a sudden surge of creative thoughts.
  2. Jot down the main ideas: Put in writing the gist of the article before it escapes your mind.
  3. Do the research: It is necessary to check around to ensure the things that you write about are not out-of-date and the facts are accurate. Another thing is to survey the subject matter so that you can come up with your own unique ideas.
  4. Use the right keywords for your title: The title of an article is a very important thing. With the right title, your article can be reached easily by interested readers. If not your excellent article will not be able to be located at all. Just ask yourself what few words you will use to lookup certain information on the net. Take this article as an example. I may not get noticed if I put the title this way:” The vital 7 steps of article writing for bloggers.” The first few words mean nothing to people who are looking for information about article writing.
  5. Write in a few sessions: An article can never be written in one go. I need to write at least in two to three sessions. One session to write the draft quickly so that your ideas do not escape your mind. Another session is to write in proper English using the correct spelling and grammar. The last session is to fine-tune your article to see that your writing is flawless.
  6. Get someone to do the editing: When the article is written I will get someone to do the editing. Another person will be able to see the mistakes that you don’t.
  7. Final proofreading before going live: This will allow you to add new ideas to improve the article further. At this stage, I still do a final check of spelling errors. Errors still can be discovered. One of the frequent mistakes for me is using the word “you” instead of “your”. The spelling checker cannot spot this type of errors. You have to spot it yourself.

Writing is a hobby and a passion. It would be easier to write about something you are interested in.

Related articles: 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your submission to the Twenty-Third edition of the Blog Carnival: Blogging. Your post has been accepted and its live: http://thatsblog.com/?p=140

    -ThatsBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charles,

    This is a great checklist! I'm going to print it and hang it up! I'm not a good proofer, I know that, but my wife is a great one! If I could just figure out how to get her to do it! Perhaps there is chocolate or ice cream or beach trips in the solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am delighted that you like this article. Thank you and have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoah this weblog is fantastic i love studying your articles.
    Stay up that the great work! You realize, plenty of individuals have been hunting around for this information, you could
    help them very much.
    Also see my website > reverse cell phone number

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...