Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Joy of List Making

List Making

Every evening I have my to-do list ready for the following day.

I find list making useful:

  1. If it is listed, it is remembered.
  2. It helps to plan my day well and use time productively.
  3. I can go through the day according to the list with little stress.
  4. It gives me the satisfaction of crossing out accomplished items.
  5. It helps me to do the most important and urgent things before anything else.
  6. I sleep peacefully knowing that I have already sorted out those things I must do the following day.

A list is a useful tool. Here are some guides to follow:

  1. Work according to priorities: Start with the urgent and important things.
  2. List small things with the big ones: The small things are easy to take care of and you will be happy to know when they are done.
  3. Keep the list with you: I keep the office list on the table and the personal list in my shirt pocket so that they are a constant reminder. Otherwise, the impact of making lists is lost.
  4. Add additional items as you go through the day: Perhaps it is something that you can do today or something you can do for the following day.
  5. Make a manageable list: Don’t let a long list puts you off.
Image source:https://thirdside.co/types-of-lists/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...