Saturday, June 7, 2008

Nuffnang's Analytics

nuffnang


As I have signed up with Nuffnang to allow them to place their ads on my blog I am able to see my blog’s performance through their reports. I find their reports provide very useful information. They are easy to understand and user-friendly. The reports are divided into 4 periods Today This Week Last Week Last Month For each period I can see the following headings: 

 Analytics: I can see the number of visitors for the four periods in the form of a bar chart. I find the report for “Today” very interesting. It gives me the number of visitors by the hour. I have noticed that there are more visitors at 3.00 PM. It means that I have loyal readers who are looking forward to reading my post at 3.00 PM (12.00AM US time) because I do my posting daily and I schedule it at 12.00 AM US time. If you are serious about blogging posting daily is very important. 

 Came From: This report is also in the form of a bar chart. It tells me the numbers of visitors from each country and their percentage in relation to total visitors. Most of my visitors are from Malaysia. I need to write articles of general interest to all rather than local topics in order to attract more readers overseas. 

 Keywords: This is very important for article writing. From the keywords I know the topics that the readers are interested in, I can see that health-related topics attract the most visitors. This is also a guide for me to write articles that are appealing to my readers. 

 Referrals: This is another report of vital importance. It tells me how my visitors come to my site. As far as I know, there are four ways: ·

 Search Engines: The readers know my site and they go to one of the search engines like Google to locate me. 

 Keyword Search: Some visitor is looking for certain information and one of my articles matches their keywords and they are able to get to my site. · I have visitors from blog directories and social networking sites like mybloglog.com, technorati.com, and bloggingfusion.com. · 

Backlinks: I understand backlinks are very important for my page ranking and I am glad that I have visitors coming from my backlink. At the moment my page rank is only 1 (a scale of 0 to 10 and 10 being the best). I hope to improve my ranking soon. 

Community: This is unique to Nuffnang. It tells me Nuffangers who recently read my blog. It takes only a few minutes to find out the performance of my blog. It tells me that I have a long way to go. I'll leave no stones unturned to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...