Monday, June 2, 2008

Car maintenance



Every Sunday I do a very quick check of my vehicle. First I check the tyre pressure and I pump the tyres up to the recommended level. Next, I open the bonnet to check the fluid level in the windscreen washer fluid container and the coolant reserve tank to make sure they are between the ‘Low’ and 'Full' level. Next, I check the belts to make sure that they are not loose. I also check the engine oil level to ensure that is not below the minimum level. Once a week I wash the car and I only use buckets of water and nothing else. If necessary, I use a product called Jetsen (cleans, polishes, shines, and seals) to remove a stubborn stain. I also remove the floor mats to give them a good shake.

When I go for long-distance travel I check all the lights and replace those that are fused. I remove the grease and oil from the windshield using a product called “rain.x”. The chemical also improves wet weather visibility even without using the wipers. Lastly, I vacuum the interior to make it spick and span.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...