Saturday, May 31, 2008

Jogging and I



I started jogging more than 20 years ago. Initially, when I jogged I ran out of breath very quickly. I could not jog all the way. At the end of the exercise, I felt giddy. Now those are the things of the past. I can jog non-stop and I don’t feel anything at all after my jog.

I find jogging extremely beneficial especially when my mind is exhausted after a hard day’s work. It helps me to relax my mind. I jog about two to three times a week in the evening. Near my house, there is a rugby field. You can see an Indian temple in the background. It’s a tourist attraction. So I jog along the road surrounding the field for two rounds. It's enough to make me sweat all over.

According to expert jogging increases the strength of the legs and lead to improved functioning of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. It is also an excellent calorie-burning activity. The other benefit is the satisfaction that you have taken time to do something positive for yourself.

Jogging is only one of the many physical activities that you can do. Choose something you enjoy doing and do it consistently because the health benefits are tremendous. You can refer to my previous posting on The Benefits of Exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...