Friday, May 30, 2008

Sleep and Concentration

Sleep and Concentration


According to a recent study, there is a direct link between sleep and concentration. When you are tired, you have higher levels of a hormone called cortisol in your system. This causes increased blood pressure and stress and weakens your ability to think. It also affects the immune system. Every night I always go to sleep more or less at the same time. It’s between 10.30 and 11.30 and seldom after 12.00. I usually have a small cup of milk.  My routine before I actually go to bed is to have some reading of any materials. After reading for a while, I feel sleepy and I go to sleep like a log (a line from ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ by the Beatles). The next day I wake up between 6.00 and 6.30. I have a glass of water and then I practice a round of Tai Chi for fifteen minutes. I also have a cup of Quaker Instant Oatmeal to absorb and remove unhealthy cholesterol from my body in the morning. Like the study says I have no concentration problems. I think it’s a good habit to sleep early and when you wake up early you feel fresh and energetic.


Image source:https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325353

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...