Monday, May 26, 2008

Healthy habits in the office pay off

Healthy habits in the office pay off


I always have a bottle of water next to me in the office and I drink it throughout the working hours. Next, I take my lunch at home at the same time every day. I just leave the work behind and in between, I don’t take anything except a quick tea break in the afternoon. I am glad that I have been doing the right things as far as health is concerned. According to Pang Wai Ling, a dietitian at the National Heart Institute and a member of the Malaysian Dietitians’ Association, she points out the following: 

 * Drinking water sufficiently throughout the day will provide you with the hydration you need and also make you feel fuller. 

* When you are eating and focusing your attention on another activity, you will miss out on the taste and texture of the food. So don’t eat in front of your computer. 

* When you eat in a hurry you will suffer indigestion and heartburn. Eating hastily also leads to overeating. It takes about 20 minutes for the brain to recognize the signal from the stomach that it is actually full. 

* Snacks are always available in the office and if you cannot avoid the temptation you will add up extra calories

 * The frequency of eating outside is associated with body fat and body mass index. The fact is that outside food is high in sodium and fat and low in fibre. When you are feeling down and inert maybe you should just change your eating habits.

Image source:https://getmomentum.ca/healthy-office-habits/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...