Monday, June 23, 2008

The Secret of President Bush's Fitness and I

The Secret of President Bush's Fitness


We may not agree with his policies but we can learn a lot about his keep-fit regime. According to the White House, President Bush, the junior, follows the following Work Out Plan: 

 Cardiovascular Workout • Run 30 minutes • Your pace should only allow you to talk in short spurts • Bush manages 3 – 5 miles in each workout (keeping an 8 minute per mile pace) 

 Resistance Workout • Arm Curl 3 sets of 10 repetitions • Incline Bench Press: 1 -3 sets of 10 repetitions • Chest Fly: 1-3 sets of 10 repetitions • Bench Press: 1-3 sets of 10 repetitions • Lat Pull Down: one set of 30 repetitions. 

 He tries to run 4 days a week to stay lean and he does his resistance workout twice weekly. As for me, I run about 2 to 3 times a week and the distance is much short than 3 miles. It is enough to make me sweat all over. I have a gym set at home and I can do 20 different workouts of 10 repetitions each in about 30 minutes and I do it once a week. In addition, every morning before I perform Tai Chi I do some stretching to maintain my suppleness.

Image source:https://recreation.gmu.edu/2016/02/the-top-5-most-fit-united-states-presidents/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...