Friday, May 22, 2009

Getting followers at Twitter – The Right Way

Twitter


In my previous two articles I have mentioned getting followers without trying in three different ways:

 • Bookmark your articles
• A bio at your profile section 
• Don’t use underscores and numbers for your username

 I find that the most effective way to get people interested in you is your useful articles. No wonder content is king. I have close to 200 followers and most of them follow me after reading my articles. Naturally, I follow back. The most effective way to market your articles is through Ping.fm. Take note of the following point:

 • Tweet your article title. 

It must be appealing enough to entice readers to read and retweet your article. The other meaningful way is to do a search to follow people related to your niche. As an example ‘ self-improvement’ is my niche. When I key in these two words to do a search I can see the latest tweet on this subject. I will select among the list suitable people to follow. In most cases, they will follow me because we are talking on the same wavelength. When I choose someone to follow, the most important thing that I look for is their bio. The more the person tells about himself the easier it is for others to follow. The most effective way is to use an elevator pitch at your bio, short and right to the point about yourself. I will not follow someone without a bio. Happy following and being followed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...