Wednesday, May 20, 2009

7 Secrets of My Blogging Productivity

Blog


Image source:https://neilpatel.com/blog/common-blogging-mistakes/


Blogging is about consistency. When you operate a store you open for business every day at the same time as advertised or else your customers will go away. Likewise, when you maintain a blog you do posting of your article at the same time every day to keep your readers. Here are the secrets of my blogging productivity. 

 1. My posting rhythm: When I started blogging in 2007 I decided to write and post an article every day. . It has since developed into a productive habit. I post my article in the morning and it will be live in the afternoon to coincide with the start of a new day in America. 

 2. Reading: I read widely - books, magazines, newspapers in English and Chinese. I get my daily ideas and inspiration from my habit of reading every day. 

 3. Writer’s block: I do encounter writer’s block from time to time. Here are the things that I do when I run out of ideas: 
 • Check and expand my previously written article from a short article to a long one.
 • Turn a point from an old article into a brand new article
 • Looking at old articles with a different perspective and transform it into a new article 
 • Getting ideas from the Net by keying in keywords of my niche such as productivity tips, self-esteem tips, and time management tips. Looking for ideas on the net is like lighting a match stick in the dark. Suddenly, an idea flashes through my mind and I start writing immediately until the end.
 • Take out a book from my collection and see if it can inspire my creativity for a new article.

 4. Surfing the Net: I look for articles relating to self-improvement and I check forums on the same subject. I also go to Twitter and do a search for self-improvement. From there I will be able to learn the latest tweet in the blogosphere about my niche. 

 5. Bookmark my articles: The traffic to my blog is still sluggish so I bookmark my articles at social bookmarking and social networking sites every day. I do it consistently in the evening so it becomes a productive habit. 

 6. Backup articles: I can stop writing for 2 weeks without affecting my productivity because I have written and kept 14 articles at any one time just in case I am unable to write for a few days. This will definitely maintain my productivity in an emergency situation. 

 7. Email: I read and reply to my email on a daily basis. It is more efficient and effective. Allow your inbox to accumulate is suicidal. Share your blogging productivity tips with the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...