Friday, May 8, 2009

7 Secrets of My Productivity




Productivity

Productivity is not rushing about to get things done or to skip meals or put in overtime just to do more. Productively is work completed in an orderly manner without having to do it in a hurry. Here are my 7 secrets of productivity:


1. Get up early: I start my day early. It gives me ample time to do stretching, deep breathing exercise, and a round of Tai Chi. There is still enough time to send my children to school and do my routine daily article posting in the morning I even have time to check my email before I leave home for the office.

2. To-do list: Every evening I get ready my to-do list for the following day. There is another list already prepared in the office before I go home. It means I have well taken care of all the things that I need to attend to the following day. My lists are short so that I am not overwhelmed. The to-do lists give me the following advantages:


• I get to do the right things the next day

• It is listed and I will not forget to do it.

• I get a sense of achievement when I cross out a completed task.

• Most important of all, it frees my mind from remembering all the chores that I have to do and I can concentrate on some creative thinking about ideas for my next article.


3. Keeping myself healthy and fit: Getting productive every day means keeping myself fit and healthy. A person cannot be productive when he is unfit and out of form.

4. Making unproductive time productive: As a good example, whenever I go to fetch my children from tuition classes, I take along some reading materials such as newspapers and magazines. While I am there waiting for the class to end I switch off the car engine and I spend the time usefully by reading the latest news in the papers and studying articles relating to my niche. I really pity other parents. They stay in the car with the engine running and doing nothing while waiting for their children.

5. Do the important things in the most productive hours: According to my biological clock morning is the most productive period in a day, so I schedule this time to do all the important work.

6. A contingency plan: I have an inventory of more than 14 articles at any one time. This is enough for me to do an auto-posting for more than two weeks. . The extra articles are to prepare myself to meet any unforeseen circumstances that I may not be able to write for many days. If that happens, I can still post an article a day for the next two weeks. This is productivity. Best of all, I can go for a blogging holiday without worrying about writing articles for my readers.

7. Productive working habits: I always make it a point to do the same task at the usual time. When it becomes a habit things get done automatically and productivity is maintained. There is no panic situation such as remembering to do something at the very last moment.



What are your productivity secrets? Share with our readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...