Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Traffic Rank from 8 Digits to 6 Digits in 19 Months – Secrets Revealed

Web Traffic

Image source:https://www.forbes.com/sites/gabrielshaoolian/2018/04/25/exactly-how-to-double-your-website-traffic-and-rank-higher-on-google-in-5-simple-steps/?sh=10933d4448eb


In the last few days, my Traffic Rank has just gone up to 6 digits (985,682) for the first time since I started blogging 19 months ago. I am happy, excited and my self-confidence is boosted. It’s a birthday present for me from Alexa because my birthday is today. Blogpulse has searched more than 107 million blogs in the blogosphere; it means my blog is among the top 1% in the world.

My articles are read by readers in over 40 countries. I am happy my articles enjoy international readership and this is what I have aimed for when I started blogging in October 2007. I have readers especially from North America, England, and India and most of the English-speaking countries. There are also readers who have translated my articles into their own languages to read my articles. Around one-third of my readers are from Malaysia.

The secret of my improvement can be summed up in 8 words:


Write, post, and market an article a day.


Writing articles: As you write an article a day you will soon develop into a good habit. Not only that, quantity develops into quality. You can look at my earlier articles they are all short ones and now I can write very much longer and better articles. :-)

Posting articles: Posting articles regularly will build the trust of the readers in you. Do it consistently to build a lasting relationship with your readers.

Marketing articles: As soon as an article is posted I will bookmark it at social bookmarking and social networking sites.


What is the significance when you do these three things consistently and persistently every day?

• Search engines: I have accumulated a collection of close to 600 articles over 19 months. More will be added every day. It means more and more readers will be reading my articles because search engines love sites that add new articles frequently. The other advantage is that my articles are, very often, on the first page of search results. About 65% of the traffic to my site is from search engines.

Traffic Rank: The popularity of my site can only go up because more articles will be added to my site. It means more readers from all traffic sources (referrals, direct, and search engines) will be reading my articles. In another 19 months, I will have more than 1000 articles.

Feeds: There are also readers who have subscribed to my feeds directly or indirectly through blog directories, social bookmarking sites, and feed directories such as Google Reader.

The key to success in blogging is consistency and persistence and you should aim for the long term.

Insya Allah (God willing), I will be writing another article next year today: Traffic Rank from 6 digits to 5 digits in 12 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...