Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5 Things to Avoid in Life

5 Things to Avoid in Life



To live a meaningful and happy life you have to avoid the following 5 things:

1. Illness: This is a true story. He is in his early 50’s,a successful businessman. He is very hardworking and is as energetic as those who are very much younger than him. Life took a drastic turn on him. He has suffered from a stroke recently. He will be discharged from the hospital soon. When he is out of the hospital he will not be able to walk faster than your 80 years old granny at home, He has to walk with the support of a walking stick. When you have succumbed to critical illnesses you have lost everything in life.

2. Penniless: I read about it in the newspaper. Perhaps you have seen it on YouTube, There was a pregnant lady sitting beside a lamp post on a busy street in America begging for money. She had no dignity, she had no self-respect and she had no self-esteem. Perhaps, she had nothing left except that she was conceiving a baby. Poverty is misery.

3. Loneliness: His wife and his children left him, his friends and relatives deserted him. He is all alone. There is nobody for him to turn to and no one for him to talk to. There is nobody for him to connect to. He is living in isolation.

4. Pessimism: I don’t think I can do it, I may not succeed. I dare not ask my boss for a raise, he may get angry. I dare not ask her out, she may reject me. I can't change the way I work, it may not turn out right for me. I can’t be happy now because…Life is like riding a bicycle, the moment you stop peddling you fall.

5. Aimlessness: There are no goals and there are no objectives in life. There is nothing to look forward to. Life is full of boredom. There is no motivation and your energy level is at its lowest. You just drift from day today. Life is meaningless.


Can you think of other things to avoid in life? Share your ideas with our readers.

2 comments:

  1. 6.)Conflict: A wise person avoids the fight but the fool puts more wood on the fire. Meaning that when someone is angry in a situation, it is better to answer calmly and with respect so that one can avoid conflicts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your positive idea in handllng conflict.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...