Monday, November 17, 2008

My Son’s First Blog

Traffic Summary
My son created his first blog and it went live on November 5 with seven posts. His interest is computer software. He is 15 and he did it all by himself.

I only taught him to do the following:

Submit his blog and sitemap to Google, Yahoo and MSN.

Go to http://www.ipings.com/ to ping his site to various services.

Submit his feed to feed directories such as feedraider.com and feedfury.com.

Bookmark his articles at many social bookmarking sites including the following:

Digg.com
Twitter.com
Mister-Wong.com
Yuppmarks.com
Jumptags.com
Wirefan.com

From statcounter.com you can see the blog traffic for the first few days.
According to statconuter.com, most of his visitors are coming from Digg.com.
Also, his articles can be found on page 1 at Google Search. So it is a good move to take the above-mentioned steps for a new site.

You can visit his blog at http://pcandsoftwaretips.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

  1. Well done for the simple to understand process. I did not get the right process all this while with my blog, but I finally found a good reference from this post. Cheers!

    Welcome to comment on my blog site Best Buy & Idea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...