Monday, May 11, 2009

Self Image and Autosuggestion




Beautiful Asian Brunette Wearing Jewelery

What is self-image?

Self-image is how you see yourself and what you believe others think of you. When you think lowly of yourself, your self-esteem will also be low. When you have high self-esteem you will be full of confidence and self-respect. How can you transform your personality and belief to a positive self-image? One of the ways is to employ autosuggestion


What is autosuggestion?

Autosuggestion is to conceive positive thoughts in our subconscious mind until it becomes a good habit. Autosuggestion is effective in the realm of feelings and emotions. When our feelings are influenced by our autosuggestion so are our actions.


Practical application of autosuggestion

Emile Coue, a famous psychologist from France prescribed formula for his student:
” Every day and in every way, I am getting better and better.” It is a good formula but it is not specific. Let’s say you want to be happy, this is my suggested formula:

Every morning I wake up to greet a new day with happiness and I stay happy throughout the whole day.

Another example of self-esteem:

I love myself as I am. I feel good about myself and I am happy

In order for autosuggestion to be effective take note of the following points:

  • Repeat the words to yourself before you go to sleep and several times during the day.
  • Act and behave in accordance with your statement throughout the whole day.
  • Structure the message in affirmation
  • Start the statement with ‘I’.
  • It takes at least 21 days for a new image to be formed. You have to be patient
  • The best autosuggestion is a statement created by you for your own use and benefits.

Use autosuggestion to change your self-image for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...