Friday, May 15, 2009

How to be Creative – 7 Bright Ideas

How to be Creative – 7 Bright Ideas
Be Creative


Source;http://ipfinance.blogspot.com/2014/07/creative-industry-tax-reliefs-have-you.html



This is a true story. Recently my neighbor’s cat came over to shit at my doorstep and also spent the night under my car. It did the same thing for a few nights on the same spot. I was thinking of a way to solve this problem. When I looked at the adorable cat, it also stared at me innocently as if trying to tell me,” Not me, I didn’t do it!” Hurting the cat is not my option because I love animals especially cats. After much thinking, I came up with an innovative idea. One night before I went to bed, I sprayed insecticide on the spot where it used to shit, and then I went to sleep. The next day I was happy to find out that my doorstep was clean but the cat was still around under my car. Now, a cat, like any other animals, has a very sensitive nose and I have succeeded to cover the scent and stop the cat from shitting around. The best part is that I have not seen the cat in my house for the last few days. This is creativity.

Here are the 7 tips to boost your creativity:


1. Exercise: When you exercise, your conscious brain is in a relaxed state and the other creative half is still working. Some of the ideas come to my mind when I am jogging

2. Knowledge: Knowledge is power. Read widely to acquire new ideas. It helps to spark your creativity in solving your problems. This is especially true for a writer. A writer’s ideas and inspiration are mainly derived from extensive reading.

3. Sleepover it: When you have a problem, allow it to sink into your mind and then you go to sleep Let it incubates in your unconsciousness, when you get up the next day the answer to your problem is already in your mind.

4. A problem-solving attitude: When your mind is always on the look-out for ways to find answers to your problems at home and at work, you will be smarter, happier, and more creative.

5. Unfamiliar places: Inadvertently when you visit a new place it gives you a lot of ideas because your mind is in a receptive state in a new environment.

6. Positive mental attitude: Always tell yourself that there is a solution to every problem. Stay committed and be persistent to look for an answer.

7. Innovating: Do things differently, get away from your usual habits. Get into other areas not related to your expertise. Bounce an idea around to see if it can be used in another situation.


You have a problem? Congratulations! Put on your creative thinking cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...