Friday, October 24, 2008

PageRank, Article Writing and My Blog

My PageRank












My blog is celebrating its first anniversary today. For the past one year, I have learnt many things: from PageRank to Traffic Rank, from pay per click to pay per action, from search engines to search engine optimization, from feeds to pings, from social bookmarking to blog directories, from article writing to keywords. I learned the hard way because I am an alone blogger. And I blog only when I have the time. As I have written and posted one article a day. My article writing skills have come a long way. When I just started my articles were very short. As I go on writing consistently day after day, my writing style has improved by leaps and bounds. Now, I am able to write more than 500 words per article. Lately I have received favorable comments from the readers. These comments are sincere because they are not my friends and I don’t know them. I must thank them for motivating me to write better articles. Sometime in May this year, I had a pleasant surprise. I noticed a PageRank of 1 (see image) on the screen. You know, six months ago I had no links and nothing else. All that I had were just my own articles. A few months later I was again surprised to see that my PageRank was downgraded to 0. Like many other bloggers have experienced, PageRank is an elusive thing. Now you see it, now you don't. From 1 to 0 is noting. There are others who were slapped with a 0 or no grading at all from a PageRank of 5 or 4. Now my inner pages are graded 1 again and hopefully, I can see my ranking back to 1 on the front page soon. It will be a timely gift for my blog’s birthday.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...