Friday, October 3, 2008

Mental Attitude at Work

How to keep a positive mental attitude at work



“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”
Dale Carnegie

Do you find your work full of fun? Of course, it is not. The fun is in the mind of the person who is working. 

 I asked one taxi driver,” How do you find your work?” He replied “It’s bad. I have to work longer hours. I have fewer customers. The rising cost of living is really killing me. I am always working under pressure because of the traffic jam.”

 I asked another taxi driver with the same question. He is driving during rush hour and is whistling away. He seems to be happy. He replied,” Yes, I have to work longer hours because I have children at home to support. But I look at my work this way. Let’s say you are going to the beach to watch the sunset, and when I send you there I also take the opportunity to admire the setting sun. It has already been paid by my customer, why don’t I take the opportunity to enjoy myself as well?”

 According to psychologists when you are happy at work you have better concentration and you are more creative. The ability to solve problems is greatly increased. The person is also able to adjust himself to setbacks. So, when work is filled with fun your efficiency also increases tremendously. When you work for fun and not for the money you will find that you are trying to make your work interesting. And the more you work the more fun it is. When you perform well at work, naturally your earnings also increase. 

On the other hand, when your focus is on the money you will find that your work is boring and you will find yourself under pressure when the economy is not doing well. 

 Happiness is a habit from within. There is no way to happiness and happiness is the way. Cultivate the happiness habit to have fun at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...