Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happiness in Our Daily Life


Happiness


Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it comes and softly sits on your shoulder.
You can find happiness in the things you do in your daily life. Some of these things may be trivial, but it does bring happiness to you. These are some of the examples of happy moments in our daily life:


  • Accomplish the tasks as listed in the to-do list for the day.
  • Help my child with her homework to solve some tough questions.
  • Smile and talk to my co-workers.
  • Bring home some favorite snack food of my daughter.
  • Have a weekly nap on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
  • A reader comments that he shares the same view as what I have mentioned in my article.
  • A meeting with my bosses ends in laughing out loud.
  • Help my wife in the household chores.
  • Listen to my favorite music.
  • Read a motivating article on the net.
  • Written an interesting and appealing article.
  • Notice that the Traffic Rank has gone up.
  • After an evening jog around the field.
  • Admiring the pot of plant on my desk next to my PC.
  • Getting ready to sleep after a productive and smooth day.
  • Enjoy dinner at home with my spouse and children.
  • Listen to the birds chirping while performing Tai Chi early in the morning.
  • Wake up in the morning and look forward to a new day with hope and great expectation.
  • Have a leisurely breakfast to kick start a new day.
  • When I am doing the things that I enjoy doing such as writing and posting articles.


Happiness is a by-product of taking action, doing something for yourself and others, and fostering a closer relationship. According to Norman Lear,” Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of those tiny successes. The big ones come too infrequently. And if you don’t collect these tiny successes, the big ones don’t really mean anything.”

Discover happiness in your daily life.


Related posts:

Happiness and a More Satisfying Life - The 7 Ingredients

Joy and Happiness of Daily Life

Positive Thinking - 10 Delightful Tips to Make You Happy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...