Tuesday, April 21, 2009

7 Tips to Boost Your Self-esteem

Smile
According to the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary self-esteem is a feeling of being happy with your own character and abilities. Self-esteem is self -confidence, self-worth and self-respect. Here are a few tips to boost your self-esteem:


1. Job satisfaction: When you are satisfied with your job performance it boosts your self-confidence and self-esteem. You should improve the quality of your work to bring your self-esteem to a higher level.

2. Physical exercise: You should be proud of yourself especially when you are physically active. Just look around how many among your neighborhood are regular jogger or physically active. Keeping yourself physically fit will strengthen your health and well-being and indirectly it enhances your self-esteem. When I heard of people younger than me suffering from stroke , high blood pressure or diabetes I feel proud of myself being healthy.

3. Focus on your achievements: Always think of your success. For example, as a blogger I am delighted that the more I write and post my articles to my blog the better is my Traffic Rank. I am totally thrilled and excited. Naturally my self-esteem is elevated. Just remember to compete with yourself and not with others because there is always someone better than you.
.
4. Personal appearance: The way you dress tells a lot about your self-esteem. Dressing smartly helps boost your image and self-confidence and also your self esteem. Always dress appropriately.

5. Develop your strengths: It is easier to develop your strengths than to improve your shortcomings. Your strengths are the things that you enjoy doing and you can do better than others. When you make further improvement it raises your self- esteem to the next level.

6. Positive belief in yourself: You like yourself as what you are .A belief in yourself in what you can do and a healthy admiration of yourself will give more mileage to your self-esteem

7. Financial security: The ability to manage your personal finance well means you can live independently; it will definitely impact your self-respect and self-esteem positively.


When you feel good about yourself it makes you happy.

1 comment:

  1. I love your fresh take on the subject and appreciate your going beyond the usual Tips which, as you point out, don't work for most of us. I just wrote a post on the subject and I'm getting a kick out of how much my thoughts intersect with yours. The piece on helping others was one that worked for me. I also got professional help and did a LOT of soul searching. As you say, difficult but well worth the effort. Thank you for your thoughts!

    Self Esteem Affirmations

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...