Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pressure at Work - 5 Effective ways to minimize it

Pressure at work

“Being under stress is like being stranded in a body of water. If you panic, it will cause you to flail around so that the water rushes into your lungs and creates further distress. Yet, by calmly collecting yourself and using controlled breathing you remain afloat with ease.” ― Alaric Hutchinson

When work is stressful our health is affected, in the long run, we may suffer burnout. I reduce the pressure at work to the minimum in the following ways: 

 1. Planning: I have my to-do-list ready for the day. I know more or less the few tasks that I can accomplish in a day. I just make sure that I complete the most important tasks for the day and I am OK. 

2. Don’t work overtime or work at home: With planning and proper time management, the work is done within the normal working hours. 

 3. Jogging: I find that this is the best stress releaser. After jogging for two rounds I have a sense of well-being. My mind is at ease. I am totally relaxed. 

4. Spend quality time with the family at the weekend: It’s part of a balanced lifestyle and it is also a good thing to take a break from work. 

 5. Work Smart: I delegate as much as possible to reduce the workload, I don’t eat my lunch in the office and I don't take on more tasks than I can handle.

Image source:https://www.forbes.com/sites/francesbridges/2019/03/30/the-five-best-ways-to-handle-pressure-at-work/?sh=716398b38c1e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...