Saturday, July 12, 2008

Green Tea and I

Green Tea

I am a regular drinker of green tea. I drink a cup once a day in the evening. I find that after a cup of green tea I have a delightful feeling in my stomach. Drinking green tea is especially beneficial after consuming oily food like fried noodles and ‘干捞面’'gan lao mian’. The other plus point is that it helps pass motion quickly and easily. 

 It is good to learn that researchers at the University of Arizona found that participants who were given caffeine-free green tea extracts increased the production of detoxification enzymes known as glutathione S-transferase (GST) in the body. According to dietitian Charles Lew from Tan tock Seng Hospital’s Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, green tea contains compounds such as catechins that have antioxidant properties. It means when you drink green tea regularly it helps reduce the free radical damage that is often associated with certain cancers and cardiovascular diseases. 

By the way, you can refer to my posting https://allaboutlivingwithlife.blogspot.com/2008/01/health-green-tea.html, for more goodness of green tea. I don’t buy the same brand when I run out of it every time, because the supermarket doesn’t often stock the same brand. I just buy what is available. The picture shows the brand that I am drinking now. Cheers to your health with green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...