Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Procrastination - 5 Tips to overcome it

Later


Like most people, I put things off, I delay doing it because I don’t like the task. So I can’t get things off the ground or I have started but I don’t seem to be able to finish the work. From past experience, I have found the following tips to help me kick start the task at hand. 

1. Get ready: When you are fully prepared, you start off right away. When I started my blog in October 2007, I was ready. I had my blog name in mind and I had a few articles on hand. So I started off without a hitch on October 24, 2007. I had chosen the day because I was free. 

2. Just do it: I don’t like the idea of having outstanding issues hanging over my head. I will finish it off as soon as possible so that my mind is not bothered. 

3. Have the serious consequences in mind: Certain issues, perhaps they are not serious to warrant immediate action, but the longer you delay the worse they will be. Like minor aches and pains, I will put a date in my diary to consult the doctor before it deteriorates further. 

4. Bits and pieces of time: Most things you cannot finish in one go. I just make sure that I do part of the job on a daily basis. Before you know the task is completed. When you allow the work to accumulate it will definitely put you off and procrastinate. 

5. Your goals: Always keep your goals in mind. It provides an impetus for you to do it now because you know the reward you will get when you achieve your goals.

Image source:https://www.psycom.net/procrastination-why-we-do-it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...