Tuesday, April 21, 2009

7 Tips to Boost Your Self-esteem

Smile

According to the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary self-esteem is a feeling of being happy with your own character and abilities. Self-esteem is self-confidence, self-worth, and self-respect. Here are a few tips to boost your self-esteem:


1. Job satisfaction: When you are satisfied with your job performance it boosts your self-confidence and self-esteem. You should improve the quality of your work to bring your self-esteem to a higher level.

2. Physical exercise: You should be proud of yourself especially when you are physically active. Just look around how many among your neighborhood are a regular jogger or physically active. Keeping yourself physically fit will strengthen your health and well-being and indirectly it enhances your self-esteem. When I heard of people younger than me suffering from stroke, high blood pressure, or diabetes I feel proud of myself for being healthy.

3. Focus on your achievements: Always think of your success. For example, as a blogger, I am delighted that the more I write and post my articles to my blog the better is my Traffic Rank. I am totally thrilled and excited. Naturally, my self-esteem is elevated. Just remember to compete with yourself and not with others because there is always someone better than you.
.
4. Personal appearance: The way you dress tells a lot about your self-esteem. Dressing smartly helps boost your image and self-confidence and also your self-esteem. Always dress appropriately.

5. Develop your strengths: It is easier to develop your strengths than to improve your shortcomings. Your strengths are the things that you enjoy doing and you can do better than others. When you make a further improvement it raises your self-esteem to the next level.

6. Positive belief in yourself: You like yourself as what you are. A belief in yourself in what you can do and a healthy admiration of yourself will give more mileage to your self-esteem

7. Financial security: The ability to manage your personal finance well means you can live independently; it will definitely impact your self-respect and self-esteem positively.


When you feel good about yourself it makes you happy.

1 comment:

  1. I love your fresh take on the subject and appreciate your going beyond the usual Tips which, as you point out, don't work for most of us. I just wrote a post on the subject and I'm getting a kick out of how much my thoughts intersect with yours. The piece on helping others was one that worked for me. I also got professional help and did a LOT of soul searching. As you say, difficult but well worth the effort. Thank you for your thoughts!

    Self Esteem Affirmations

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...