Saturday, June 9, 2012

How I Got a Copycat’s Article Removed from the Web




The other day I happened to key in one of the titles of my popular articles, 7 Soul-searching Questions to Ask Yourself, in Google search.  I found an article with a similar title occupying No.1 slot on the first page while my article was in No 3 position.

I clicked and read the content of the article and to my horror, it was an exact copy of my original post. There was no reference or link to my original post at all. The post is dated December 17, 2011, while my original article is dated May 14, 2010.


I took immediate action.   I went to Webmaster and did a webspam report. I also did a   report on alleged copyright infringement at Blogger.


A few days later I received the following reply:

Hello Charles,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have completed
processing your infringement complaint. The following web pages will be
removed from Google in a few hours:

http://www.skndemocrat.com/archives/977-7-soul-searching-questions-to-ask-yourself

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Regards,

The Google Team


When I did a check again I found the following results. The copycat article is no longer there and there is a note at the end of the page explaining the removal of one result.  

However, if you go directly to the copycat’s site, you still can locate the article http://www.skndemocrat.com/archives/977-7-soul-searching-questions-to-ask-yourself here. I, therefore, sent an email on May 16, 2012, asking them to delete the post. I have got no reply from them.

On another day when I checked my article again, the same copycat’s article appeared. Again it occupied No.1 spot. I filed another alleged copyright infringement report on May 18, 2012




The article has subsequently been removed: 

 There is also another similar note at the bottom of the page:



 What is your take?


Related Article:

I Have Been Hit By Google Update Innocently





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...