Saturday, May 8, 2010

7 Useful and Beneficial Habits

Useful and Beneficial Habits



I adopt the following habits in my daily life and I find them indispensable for my health and well-being. Check out the habits to see whether you find them worthy to be implemented:


1. Daily to-do list: Instead of commit to memory why not do a list of the things to be done? First of all, use the brain for a more important job like creative thinking. As an example, I focus my mind to look for inspiration to write the next article. The attention of my thoughts couples with the things that I read and see, like a bolt of lightning, I get an idea for my next article. The beautiful part of a to-do list is that you can prioritize the tasks according to their importance. At the end of the day you cross out the tasks that you have accomplished and it gives you a sense of satisfaction.

2. Jogging: I jog in the evening. In the first place jogging immediately releases my stress and puts my mind at ease after a hard day’s work in the office. Jogging induces perspiration and sweating. It is a wonderful way to detoxify your body. After jogging I have a feeling of calmness and my mind is free from clutter and I can focus and concentrate better

3. Tai Chi: Tai Chi is a form of meditation in motion. It helps me start a new day on the right note. The gracious movements require your full concentration so that you do not make mistakes from one movement to another. At the end of the session, I feel cool, calm and collected.

4. Supplements: A multi-vitamin and mineral supplement are like an insurance cover. You do not know what is lacking in your system. A caplet a day will take care of it. I also consume one calcium tablet and one glucosamine capsule to strengthen my joints, bones, and cartilage because I jog regularly. As I am always glued to the monitor at work I also take another capsule consisting of eyebright, bilberry, lutein, and ginkgo biloba to fortify my eyesight.

5. Positive emotions: You make choices in life. Do you choose to be cheerful or feeling down every day? I always tell myself to be happy, confident, appreciative instead of miserable, discontented, and worrisome.

6. An article a day: The habit of daily writing about self-improvement improves my writing skills. The added advantage is that I am reminded by my motivational articles every day to look at life positively and live life happily.

7. Daily reading: It is a way to catch up with the changing world and the explosion of knowledge. It is also a good way to read widely to come up with writing ideas. It is yet another excellent way to stimulate the brain


What are your beneficial habits? Please share it with us.

2 comments:

  1. Re 5 and Do you choose to be cheerful or feeling down every day? I have this short reminder list to start the day Charles.
    Today is only here for today and so I will enjoy it.
    Worry is only a worry if I worry about it and I won’t.
    I accept myself as I am and others as they are.
    Life is healthy as I eat well and exercise regularly.
    Frequent stops and peaceful thoughts soothe.
    I will try to give, not take, and share, not hoard.
    I really have so very much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed a generous and positive way to start a new day on the right note. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...