Thursday, January 14, 2010

Power of Daily Goals

To-do List: Daily Goals
"If you’re bored with life – you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things – you don’t have enough goals." –Lou Holtz

Do you have daily goals? Do you always keep them in sight and work on them?

Every evening I prepare a to-do list. Some of the tasks are one-off in nature and some are relating to long ranch goals and are recurring. I write them down on a piece of paper. On the following day I keep it in my shirt pocket. I look at it every now and then to cross out tasks that I have done and remind myself to complete those outstanding ones of the day. I give priority to those that are important. For me, one of the most important jobs on a daily basis is to write an article. When I am able to write an article a day it means I can then post an article a day. This is my daily commitment. However, it is a challenge to write for the readers and to keep writing every day.

What are the benefits of achieving daily goals? Here are some of them:


1. Daily goals achieved over time will lead to success in long-term goals: Your lifelong goals are done on a daily basis and accumulated over a long period of time. If you don’t take care of the daily tasks, you will not be able to achieve the ultimate goals.

2. Just do one or two important tasks to get optimum results: The rule of 80:20 applies. Do a few of the major tasks relating to your major goals in life will allow you to achieve more in a day.

3. A winning habit: It is the habit of successful people. Keep in view of your future vision and working diligently on the tasks at hand will ensure the attainment of your objectives.

4. Build self-confidence: The daily achievements will promote self-confidence in the long run as it builds into you a feeling of fulfillment and containment.

5. Focus: The daily tasks will take into account the shortfall of the previous day and it allows you to adjust accordingly to meet daily goals. It is easier to cover unmet goals for a single day rather than a longer period.


Rome wasn't built in a day, it is the day-to-day effort exerted over a long period of time. When you achieve your daily goals consistently and constantly, you will realize your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...