Monday, September 29, 2008

Love Story: True Love Means Lasting Happiness

Old Couple

There was an old man waiting for his turn to collect his medicine at the dispensary in a hospital. He was rather impatient and kept looking at his watch. A nurse noticed it and came over to chat with him.

The nurse asked,” Why are you in such a hurry?”
The old man said,” Yes, I have an appointment at 9.00 a.m.”
The nurse was curious because he didn't have to go to work,” Why is it necessary to be on time?”
The old man replied,” Yes, I am on my way to the nursing home to have breakfast with my wife.”
The nurse was even more curious and asked,” To the nursing home? There’s no need to be in a hurry.”
The old man said,” Nothing much really, she’s been suffering from Parkinson's disease. It has been quite a while.”
Then the nurse looked at the time,” It’s almost time. You will be late. Doesn’t your wife worry about you?”
The old man said,” Not at all, she has not been able to recognize me for the last five years. Even if I don’t’ go, she won’t know.”
The nurse was surprised and she asked,” Oh! Don’t recognize you for five years and yet you visit her every morning?”
The old man smiled and said,” She can’t recognize me, but I can recognize her, that's good enough.”
As the old man walked away to collect his medicine, teardrops came down from the nurse’s eyes. She was telling herself,” This is the kind of love that I want.”

True love is not being romantic. True love means accepting; accepting the past, accepting the present, and accepting the future of the other person.

Happiness is not necessary to have the best. A happy person finds happiness in making the best of what he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...