Monday, September 8, 2008

Joy and Happiness of Daily Life


Joy and Happiness of Daily Life


How do you feel when you wake up in the morning, another dreadful day, nothing to look forward to? What you tell yourself early in the morning says a lot about what kind of a day it is going to be for you.

I wake up early in the morning just after 6. When I am awake I tell myself that this is going to be another great day. I know what I am going to accomplish for the day because I have the to-do list ready. The list may be routine but it has a psychological impact on me because when things get done at the end of the day, I get a sense of well-being. Waking up early in the morning also tells me that I have wasted no time to start a new day. I don’t have to do things in a hurry because everything has been planned for. I feel relaxed and calm to greet a new day.

As I drive along the way to work I listen to music and songs. My pleasant feeling is further heightened.

As the day goes by and the work gets done accordingly I feel a sense of achievement. By the end of the day, I have another to-do list ready for the following day. It gives me peace of mind to know that I have taken care of the things to do for the next day.

At home, I enjoy dinner with my family. We sit down together and we chew and taste each mouthful. The atmosphere is harmonious. A sense of joy and happiness fill the air.

In the evening when I have done another good article, I am pleased and thrilled.
When I see my Alexa ranking improves further I rejoice. I am over the moon when I notice more visitors to my blog.

Every day is more or less the same, to be happy just enjoy the little pleasures here and there. Don’t wait for the big celebration in order to be happy, the day may never come. Sonja Lyubomirsky, the happiness expert tells us that one of the strategies for lasting happiness is to savour life’s joy. Pay close attention and take delight in momentary pleasures, wonders, and magical moments. Focus on the sweetness of ripe mango, the aroma of a bakery, or the warmth of the sun when you step out from the shade.

Enjoy your daily life to the maximum and be happy.

Image source:https://thriveglobal.com/stories/joy-find-spread-happiness-everyday-routine-tips-advice/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...