Friday, March 30, 2012

7 Ways to Get Motivated in the Morning

7 Ways to Get Motivated in the Morning



Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.
~ Lemony Snicket

Morning is the beginning of a brand new day. The most important thing is to start the day with the right frame of mind and do the right things so that you will stay cheerful and motivated throughout the day.

1.       Plan the night before: You start a new day the night before. You plan ahead what you want to do and how you are going to do it. In this way, you are in full control when it is dawn.  The best thing you can do is to read a chapter or listen to classical music before going to bed.

2.       Get up early:  Going to bed early is the only way to wake up early. I knock off at around ten at night and I am up and about by six in the morning when the sky is still dark. I do not need an alarm, I wake up naturally. As an early riser, I get a good feeling because I start early and I have not wasted my time.  The best way to motivate yourself is to be an early riser and you will know you are in control of your life.    

3.       Morning rituals: I have a glass of water to hydrate my body after eight hours of sleep. This is followed by stretching and a round of Tai Chi in a cool and quiet atmosphere. This is the best way to create energy and calmness in your body to face yet another challenging day.
 
4.       Psyche yourself up:  The next thing I do is to brush my teeth and wash my face and I tell myself right in front of the mirror that I am the No.1. blogger in Malaysia. It is my way of motivation to create enthusiasm, excitement, and energy in the morning.

5.       Breakfast: A healthy breakfast is an essential part of my morning routine. I will not start work without eating. Coffee is my beverage to kick start a new day. Breakfast literally means breaking fast and it is the source of your energy and you can’t start a new day without it. 

6.       Do the most important thing: As a blogger, I will write an article in the morning. It is a good habit and I stick to it.  In the morning, my mind is fresh and it is the best time to be creative and do what matters the most to me. You should do the same so that you know while others are about to get up you have already accomplished a great deal. Isn’t it one effective way to motivate yourself in the morning?

7.       A positive frame of mind:  Think cheerful thoughts, wear a smile and greet people you meet happily. Wear smartly and act confidently. These are some of the delightful ways to get motivated in the morning.           

Over to you, how do you get motivated in the morning? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...