Tuesday, June 22, 2010

10 Top Tips to Boost Your Technorati Rank and Authority

Technorati
Since I started blogging in October 2007 I have written more than 900 articles on a daily basis. I am pleased to note that my Technorati Authority is 501 out of a maximum of 1000 and ranked 4223 as of June 21, 2010. I would like to share with other bloggers what I have done to boost my Technorati ranking:



1. One post a day: One sure way to increase your ranking is to post frequently and I do it once a day. It is an indication that it is an active blog.

2. Blog carnival: Join as many blog carnivals as possible. Your Authority Rank moves up when your article is accepted by a carnival host. The link to your blog is immediately picked up by Technorati

3. Guest posting: Guest posting is another way to boost your Authority. However, it does not work as well as blog carnivals. Not all the guest posts are picked up by Technorati.

4. Blog directories: Blog directories with RSS feeds are particularly useful to promote your Authority. You can join such sites like Blogged (http://www.blogged.com) and BlogMalaysia (http://blogmalaysia.com.).

5. AddThis: Get the button and add this great tool to your blog. It will facilitate readers to bookmark your site or selected articles at their favorite social networking sites. They also print and email your articles to their friends.

6. Pingfm: On a daily basis, I post the link of my latest article to most of the social networking sites. It is a great way to get more readers to read my post and link to it. Pingfm provides this fantastic service so that you can do it easily and quickly.

7. Friends at social networking sites: I have many friends at Mixx and hi5, so I do it daily to send them a message asking them to read my new post.

8. Links: There are links to my blog in the blogosphere when it is detected and picked up by Technorati. the Authority rank goes up

9. Persistent and consistent blogging: Doing it daily and regularly over the long- haul is the only sure way to improve your Technorati Authority.

10. Original and quality articles: Your refreshing articles are the only thing that makes items 1 to 9 possible. Do not despair; just start writing now and over time you will be able to write well. Take me as an example, just take a look at my old articles written way back in 2007, they are all very short but now I can easily write a 500-word article. Just do it and make it a habit to write one article a day.


According to Technorati, Authority is calculated based on a site’s linking behavior, categorization, and other associated data over a short, finite period of time. A site’s authority may rapidly rise and fall depending on what the blogosphere is discussing at the moment, and how often a site produces content being referenced by other sites. So, the thing to watch out for is the quick rising and falling of your Authority which I have experienced before.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your submission to the Eighty Second edition of the Blog Carnival: Blogging. Your post has been accepted and its live:

    http://thatsblog.com/blog-carnival-blogging/blog-carnival-blogging-eighty-second-edition

    -ThatsBlog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...