Saturday, September 12, 2009

Artificial Tears

Eye care artificial tears


What are artificial tears? It is not shedding crocodile tears. Recently I felt uncomfortable with my eyes. I went for a checkup at the ophthalmology department in the General Hospital. The ophthalmologist said, after examined both of my eyes, I had dry eyes and he prescribed “artificial tears” for me. It is actually eye drops that you can purchase over the counter to moisturize your dry eyes.

My dry eyes are not the cause of my problem, it is the symptom and I have been treated for the symptom. It may be OK in the short term, but in the long run, the eye drops can damage the eyes because it is artificial. So I went to a Chinese sinseh. After feeling the pulse of my wrists he told me that it is “heatiness” in the body that caused the dry eyes. He then prescribed a herbal solution for me to be taken. I felt better because I was treated for the root cause of my problem.

Similarly, when you can’t sleep at night, the doctor gives you sleeping pills and you go on taking it to help you go to sleep. Soon you need bigger doses and you are dependent on the pills. You are not being treated for the root cause of your sleeping problem. There are reasons that disturb your sleep such as anxiety, stress, and worries. When you are able to avoid all these negative emotions you will be able to sleep without the pills. Don’t look for artificial solutions. It is not good for your health and it can be fatal. Remember the death of Elvis Presley, Bruce Lee, and now Michael Jackson? They are good examples of depending too much on artificial solutions.

When you have a health problem identify the root cause of it. Treat the source of the problem, not the symptom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...