Monday, July 20, 2009

Write your Elevator Pitch in 5 Minutes

The Elevator Pitch


An elevator pitch is a brief, impactful, and compelling speech to be delivered in a very short time like taking a ride in an elevator. The whole idea is to make the other person interested to find out more about you, your products, or your company. In a way, you are creating an attention-grabbing first impression by using an elevator pitch.


Here are the 4 easy steps to write your pitch:

  1. Who are you
  2. What do you do
  3. Why you’re the best
  4. Your call to action

This is my pitch:

My name is Charles Chua C K and I am an article writer/blogger specializing in article writing and blogging. I write articles on my niche blog on self-improvement. I write about tips in 8 areas of life: health, work, personal money, parenting, home life, relationships, blogging, and happiness. Visit my blog and read my articles at http://allaboutlivingwithlife.blogspot.com to uplift your mood and be motivated to improve your life.

Modify your elevator pitch to suit different purposes:

  • In a resume
  • Attending an interview to talk about yourself – a powerful introduction to start the conversation going.
  • Bio for all the social bookmarking and networking sites
  • In your own blog
  • Include in your business cards to market yourself
  • Meeting someone for the first time- to stimulate the other person to find out more about you.
  • During trade shows, conferences, and meetings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...