Tuesday, July 7, 2009

7 Tips for Long-Term Blogging

Blog


I have been blogging for close to two years and I have written more than 600 articles. I do not consider myself successful but I do see progress along the way because my Traffic Rank has improved from 8 digits to 6 digits and it is still going up. I would like to offer some tips for my fellow bloggers to sustain their interest in long-term blogging: 

 1. Content: Your content is almost everything in blogging. If the content is not good enough marketing will not help you in any way. Present an article in a different way incorporating your own ideas. Be creative and inject new thinking into your articles. Read widely to get inspiration from other writers. 

 2. Concentrate on your niche: Write about your interest and passion. The things that you are good at will motivate you to carry on writing. As an example, I write about self-improvement. This is my niche.  
3. Develop positive qualities: Some of the positive qualities that you should always feed your mind are perseverance, self-confidence, and optimism. Positive thinking will keep you going even when you face setbacks along the way.

 4. Keep learning: I started blogging in 2007 and I knew nothing about it. I have managed to pick up some essential ideas and here I am today. I find that there are still a lot more things to learn. There are other issues that I am not familiar with. Continuous learning is the only solution. 

 5. Self-discipline: How often do you want to post an article? One post a day or one post every two or three days? When you have decided you have to stick to it. The point is that if you don’t give yourself a deadline you will write no article at all. Make article writing a part of your daily habit so that it is easier to carry out the writing process. As the saying goes: work expands to cover the available time. A deadline eliminates procrastination and gets the article out in less time. 

 6. A mindset for the long-haul: Be prepared psychologically to go for the long- haul. Overnight success means you have to work for a couple of years. Nothing comes easy. 

 7. Networks and contacts: Get connected with like-minded people and get to know more people at social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Plaxo, and LinkedIn for mutual benefits. Bookmark your articles at social bookmarking sites like Reddit, Digg, and Mixx to gain more readers. I still do it daily. See you in 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...