Monday, October 24, 2011

Getting into Blogging in 4 Happy Years and Beyond

Blogging


Yesterday my blog was 4 years old. I have not stopped blogging ever since I posted my first article on October 23, 2007. I would like to share what I have learnt in the last four years and what I do every day.  Perhaps you want to adopt some of the useful blogging habits from me.

·         Learn to blog from scratch: My background is not IT but finance. I have to learn to blog from day one from scratch all by myself.  After four years I am still learning.  I like to learn new things about blogging and I enjoy the process of learning and there is so much to learn.

·         Learn to improve writing articles over the years:  You will notice my earlier articles are very short indeed. As I write every day, I get to have more ideas to write more words in more ways. I read blogs and I learn from successful bloggers their effective ways of writing. There are so many things to do in blogging. If you have time to do only just one thing, write an article a day. Write about things you know very well and write for the benefits of the readers. 

·         My daily habits: I write and post an article a day. I write in advance so that I don’t have to do it under stress, As soon as an article is posted, I use Pingfm to notify all major social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. At the same time, the new article is submitted to relevant blog carnivals. In the morning I have a habit of posting and sharing a quote at all social networking sites. I do guest posts from time to time. One of my weaknesses is that I do little comments at other sites. 



·         Perseverance is the key to success: From the bar chart of Statcounter, you will notice that the traffic is flat from 2008 to 2010. It is only growing in 2011. It was also about a year ago I bought my own domain name and I changed my blog name from http://allaboutlivingwith.blogspot.com to http://www.allaboutlivingwithlife.blogspot.com. At the same time, I also did a facelift to my site with a new template. Perhaps these changes help boost the traffic to my site. The fact is that though the traffic was sluggish in the early years, I was not discouraged, but I continued to write every day. 

  ·    Blogging gives me meaning in life: I look forward to every new day with hope, excitement and happiness. Every day may be the same, but when you blog, every day is different.  I am glad that I have found something worthwhile to do every day as I have unleashed my potential capability in writing. I am a baby boomer, but it’s never too late to start and do something worthwhile. When I retire, I still want to blog. I am thrilled by the competition in the blogosphere because blogging is a level playing field. You get better by how much you can do for others.

·         Challenges ahead of me: Blogging is challenging. You have to remain active to remain competitive. Recently I joined the Yakazie Challenge to get to Alexa Rank at 200000 or better on March 1, 2012. I promise myself to write better and answer one important question of the readers: What’s for me?


·         My position in the blogosphere as of October 23, 2011

PageRank: 2
Traffic Rank: 303543
Technorati Rank: 2979 (Authority 488 out of 1000)


Do you like blogging? It will transform your life in many wonderful ways. 

1 comment:

  1. I really wish blogger would expand some of these idea's that the pro blog-spot community has been developing into readily available templates for the rest of us, and in general expand the templates and styles offered. This is such a brilliant post! ☺

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...