Thursday, October 27, 2011

8 More Effective Ways to Shop and Save

Shop and save


To shop wisely is to develop smart ways of shopping. Here are the things that you can do to get more value for your money: 

1.       Buy the largest package: Usually, the things that you consume daily such as tea, coffee, and milk are packed in different sizes. Buy the largest package and save on cost per kilo.       

2.       Shop at discount stores: There are stores which always sell goods at prices lower than other retail outlets. Find one, shop, and save.

3.       Shop near the place of work or near your house: To avoid travelling and looking for a parking lot, shop near where you work or near your home. You save on petrol and valuable time.

4.       Pay with your cash-back credit card: Do you have a credit card that offers you a rebate upon payment? Use such a card at the counter to pay for your grocery shopping and save even more.       

5.       Be a member of the shopping outlet: Be a member of the outlet when there is such a scheme because from time to time there will be exclusive offers just for members. On top of that, for every dollar, you spend you are given a point. Accumulate the points and redeem them for items you need.  

6.       Buy it when there is a limit for an item that a customer can purchase: Look for items that you frequently purchase with a limit to how much you can purchase per item. Usually, such items are offered at much lower prices and valid for a day or two only. 

7.       Check newspapers for special offers: Be on the lookout for special offers from retail outlets as advertised in newspapers. However, do not be tempted to buy anything other than what you need.

8.       Maximize savings: This is how I do it.  I shop at a shopping mall near my place of work. I save on petrol, parking and time. I am also a member of the outlet. I look for items with a discount or shop on a member’s day to purchase essential items. I settle the bill at the counter with my cash-back credit card and produce my membership card to collect points. The items that I have bought are already at prices lower than normal, but I will still pay less than what I have charged to my cash-back credit card. On top of that, I redeem goods for points accumulated over time.      

What are your tips to save on shopping?

Related article:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...