Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Persistence – Success in the Long-term

Persistence

A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success. ELBERT HUBBARD

Success means going for the long-haul. It means you must be able to sustain your effort at least for a few years to see the fruit of your labor. How do you develop persistence?

  1. Interest and passion: One of the surest ways to maintain persistence is to do something that you are passionately interested in. Your passion will bring your full attention to it. I enjoy blogging and I am happy and delighted to write and post an article a day and I have been doing it for more than 19 months.

  1. Value to others: When you do something which is beneficial to others, you find meaning in it and it is a motivating factor to keep you going on. Like blogging, my articles are able to solve readers' problems and it encourages me to write more and better articles.

  1. Monitor your progress: It is important that you should be able to check your progress. When you see improvement as you go along you are happy and you work harder. For me, I am able to check the progress in blogging by looking at the figures at statcounter.com and the Traffic Rank. My self-confidence and my self- worth are elevated because my Traffic Rank is going up all the way. There are times when the Traffic Rank takes a dip but it does not affect me negatively. I continue to work on my articles.

  1. Take the challenge: Whatever you do, take it as a challenge. Succeeding at doing something by itself will give you satisfaction even without reward. Like blogging, it is very competitive. When my Traffic Rank is going upward I know I am doing things right. It gives me happiness, excitement, and delight.

  1. Rewards: Are you being rewarded for your efforts? The reward will spur you to do more and put your energy at a higher level. To me, my reward is the favorable comments by my readers, links to my blog, and subscriptions to my feed. The support from my readers is more than enough to stimulate me to carry on.

Success is not a destination. It is a journey and it is a long and winding road.

You have to stay on course all the way and success will be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...