Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Link Your Articles and Check Your Links

Blog

Image source:https://neilpatel.com/blog/a-blog-isnt-a-blog-its-a-business/


After 19 months of writing and posting an article a day I have close to 600 articles on my blog. I have found that it is necessary to link certain articles to allow readers a better reading experience.

Linking articles

  • A longer article is written on a similar subject over a previous shorter one. In this case, it is necessary to link the old article to the latest one so that the readers will enjoy a better perspective.

  • Linking articles of related subjects: I have a few articles about parenting. The topics are about child physiological needs, emotions, and helping children to do well at school, so from an article, I link to other articles.

  • Development in a subject: I have written three articles on getting followers at Twitter. One article leads the next one from the oldest article to the latest article. By linking the articles readers will follow the sequence of events
  • Linking a point to an article: When a point is mentioned in an article that has reference to an article that I have written before, I will link the point to the full article so that readers will have a better understanding of the point in question.

Checking links

It is very good to link articles that are related but if the links are broken they serve no purpose or worse still the broken links frustrate the readers. It is prudent that you check the links immediately to make sure that they are all working.

As I write and post an article every day, linking and checking articles are parts of my daily routines in blogging. You must be doing the same if not start right away to allow your readers a better reading pleasure of your articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...