Saturday, June 20, 2009

Affiliate Programs and My Blog

Affiliate Marketing


According to Wikipedia affiliate marketing is an Internet-based marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate’s marketing efforts. It is using one website to drive traffic to another. In this case, I am putting banners, supplied by the advertiser, on my blog to attract readers to click the link to the advertiser’s home page. When a sale is concluded, I receive a commission. It is a form of passive income. 

 The first affiliate program that I joined was Amazom.com. I selected Amazon because I love to read books. After a while, I removed all the banners from my blog because it was a fruitless attempt. Recently

 I was invited by Jay Marsh, Assistance Affiliate Manager at Hexpress Ltd to join their affiliate network. I gladly accepted the offer. I like the program because its products are about online health care which is in line with my niche. Moreover, when you join your account is credited with 25 pounds upfront. Like AdSense, you have to accumulate 100 pounds in order to get paid. 

 I have also taken the opportunity to join another affiliate program, myhelphub.com. They promote products relating to self-development and writing skills. I have chosen this network because my blog is about self-improvement. Their products complement my articles. The reasons why I was invited are because my blog is a niche blog and most important of all, the Traffic Rank of my blog offers potential business opportunities.

 I will write another article in the future to brief you about these two affiliate programs.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post Faiza. You gave quite good suggestions for blog marketing. These suggestions help you gain pretty good amount of attention from the users. Though the outcomes of the effort are slow, but after a period of substantial wait, you can see a discrete increase in the website traffic due to such ads. Many such websites are provided that allows you to advertise freely. There are many such tweaks and tricks that are genuine, but not popular. Such techniques might certainly help you gain the market attention. . I am a doctor who recently opened a medical website showcasing my clinic over the internet. To step into the internet, I hired a web designing and SEO company named Medical Web Experts (www.medicalwebexperts.com). We had a deal of some keywords for which I need to have my website to be ranked over the top 5 list in google and yahoo. They are working on it. Thought it has taken time as they are working on it to bring a genuine traffic, but a distinguishable increase in traffic is felt slowly and steadily. And that’s the most important thing that I require.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...