Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How I Get Things Done in 3 Simple Steps

Getting things done


In a day we have too many things to do in too short a time. We have to prioritize and do what matters the most to us.  Here are the three simple ways that I get things done in a day:

1.       Do it now: The easiest way to get things done is to do it now. It is especially so when there is an interruption in what you are doing. There is a telephone call asking for something, I will do it right away if it takes only a few minutes. Do it now and get over with it and carry on with what you are doing. When I cannot do it immediately, I will

2.       Write it down and do it later: If I don’t have the habit to write things down I may not remember to do it.  When I know it will take a while to get something done, I will do it as soon as I have completed the task at hand. I don’t wish my train of thought to be interrupted and my work disrupted. Things still get done on the same day because it is in writing right in front of me.  What happens when the task is not supposed to be done until a future date, I will

3.       Schedule it: There are many ways to do it. You can record the message in your management diary, electronic diary, your smartphone, or iPad on the day when you are supposed to do it. For personal things, I jot down in my diary the day that I have to take action. If it is relating to my work in the office, I will transfer it to my tickler file. It does not matter if it is to be done next month or next year, it will be executed in due course because I look at the file every day first things in the morning.

How do you get things done effectively? Please share your ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...