Monday, December 7, 2009

Candid Personal Review of 2009

2009

2009 is coming to an end. It is yet another turbulent year. It is also a good time to take stock of ourselves to see what we have achieved for the past year.

The following are the most important areas in our life and I hope you will do the same to critically look at yourself in the following areas to check your progress:

Healthy lifestyle: I am glad that I have been able to enjoy a healthy lifestyle throughout the year. I exercise regularly and consistently. I sleep very well at night. I am careful with my diet to eat less sugar, fat, and meat. All these items are acidic and favorable for cancerous cells to grow in our bodies. My life is not stressful and I stay calm most of the time.

Personal finance: The most important thing about finance is that I am debt-free. It means I am free to budget fully my limited resources for my family. I live within my means ad I enjoy what life has offered to me.

Homelife: It is about being a husband and a father to my two children. My children are doing well academically and I am delighted to know that they are happy in life. With so many broken homes around, I am pleased to enjoy happy home life.

At the workplace: The ability to hold on to your job during the financial crisis is an achievement in itself. It is even more so because I should have retired at my age and I am still able to cling on to a job that I enjoy doing.

Relationships: My wife and my children are my friends. We talk and we share ideas. I have friends and I am proud that we don’t take advantage of each other. One of the pleasures in life is to exchange gifts during Chinese festivals with a friend by the name of Ah Hong. We exchange text messages and we phone each other from time to time. To be connected with friends is a wonderful thing in life.

Article writing and blogging: I have been able to learn more and more about blogging and I am able to write better articles over the last two years, but not much better than those pro bloggers. There is still room for me to improve.

Happiness: I have learned not to dwell on the past and worry too much about the future. I always tell myself to cherish every moment in life and enjoy it. Happiness is from within. Happiness is a close-knit family. Happiness is connecting with others. Happiness is able to do things you enjoy doing in life.

What have you achieved in 2009? Share your success story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...