Friday, October 30, 2009

7 Steps to create a Personal Mission Statement

Create a Personal Mission Statement

“You are here for a special mission. There is a purpose of your life. Find that purpose of your life, work on it, and live your life happily.” Raaz Ojha

A personal mission statement helps you focus on your goals in life. It defines the meaning of success to you. It also identifies your core values, your contributions, and how satisfied you are with life. Here are the 7 steps to create your personal mission statement:

  1. The direction in life: What are your goals in life? What do you want people to say about you when you are no longer around? As a blogger, I want to share my insight with my readers about self-improvement. I want to encourage and motivate them to focus on improving on the vital areas of their life.

  1. Values in life: It must be in alignment with your goals in life. Here are some of the core values - appreciation, money, health, honesty, creativity, love, trust, gratitude, kindness…I value self-love, an appreciation of what I have got out of life and I believe in honesty and freedom of expression.

  1. Satisfaction in life: Are you happy with what you are? Are there unmet needs? Do you think you have reached your potential in life? Our wants are without limit but our resources are limited. The only way to be happy is to enjoy what you have while you continue to pursue to get what you want out of life.

  1. Passion: What do you enjoy doing the most in life? You will be able to excel in things that you are passionately interested in. I enjoy reading and I like to write about tips to improve our life

  1. Your strengths: What are you good at? What are your talents? Develop your strengths to a new height. I may not be a good writer but I have improved over time and I will continue to write better articles. Quantity develops into quality.

  1. Your contributions: Think about your previous successes. How do you contribute to others? As for me, I think some readers find some of my articles uplifting and useful.

  1. Creating the mission statement. A personal mission statement is crafted according to your direction in life, your core values, and how you feel about life. Of course, you can only continue to do something that you are deeply interested and the work you do is adding values to others. You get the fulfillment of what you do when it is valued and appreciated by others. This is my personal mission statement:

To encourage and motivate readers to improve the seven areas of their life, namely, health, work, personal money, relationships, happiness, home life, and parenting. The objective is to live life fully and meaningfully in the moment.

By now you should have an idea of a personal mission statement. Take your time to create one. It is your guiding post and the lighthouse of your life. It will impact your life positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...