Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How Much Do You Spend on Blogging?

How much do you spend on blogging

Blogging is a delight and a challenge for me. I do it every day. Blogging is my life and happiness and the best part is that I don’t have to spend much to go online. Let’s take a look at the various blogging activities and the amount that I have to spend. Please find out also how much you need to spend on each item:
 
1.      Blogging Platform: Blogger is free and it is one of the best five blogging platforms. Which platform do you use? I am fine with Blogger.

2.      Domain name: I have two blogs and I have registered for two domains www.allaboutlivingwithlife.blogspot.com and http://www.creditcardlighthouse.blogspot.com/ at $10 each per year.

3.      SEO: I don’t use any SEO software. I just write naturally for the readers and use simple words. It is not difficult to be on page 1 of Google search when your titles and the content are using common words.
4.      List building: I use FeedBurner to get email subscribers and I take advantage of MailChamp to communicate with my email subscribers. They are all free.

5.      Stats: Statcounter and Analytics are free to use and monitor your performance in the blogosphere. I use both to check the pulse of my blogs.

6.      Social networks: All social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are free to join. Be connected and promote your blogs.    

7.      Getting links: I don’t buy links and I get links via Blog Carnival. I submit my articles to carnival hosts and get relevant and valuable links on a regular basis.

8.      Notify your daily updates: When a new article is posted on my site, Ping.fm will ping social networking sites for me. It is free.

9.      Directories sites: It is free to submit your blogs to blog directories such as Blogtoplist, Blogged and Bloggers.com.

10.  Articles: I don’t engage ghostwriters or need to buy articles. I write my own articles every day, using my own ideas and employing my own style of writing.  

11.  Internet access: I have a package at US$45 per month with 24/7 access. It is inclusive of unlimited fixed-line calls nationwide.

All in all, in a year I spend only $560/=. I don’t sell anything directly so I don’t spend money on shopping cart software.  How about you? How much do you spend on blogging?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...