Friday, September 16, 2011

7 Effective Ways to Keep Your Old Posts Fresh

Keep your old posts fresh

When you have posted many articles on your blog, how do you keep your old posts, especially those popular ones fresh like new articles? Here are the 7 effective ways to revive your old posts:


 1. Sidebar: Maintain a list of your popular posts in your sidebar like what I have done with the title “Most Popular Articles”. It is effective and readers love to read popular articles.

 2. Link a new article to a relevant old post: It is another effective way to dig out a previous post by linking to it. As an example, in my article, 7 Positive Habits to Adopt, one of the points that I have mentioned is Work – the habit of working with your heart and I link it to my previous article by the title of Are You Working With Your Heart? The linked article is relevant to my new article. At the same time, my readers are directed to read the old post.

 3. Top three posts of the month: Another great way to promote your popular posts is to post once a month top three articles (maybe more) of the previous month. This is what I have done for my popular posts of July 2011. I am doing it for the first time.

 4. Top ten posts of the year: A top list is always a hotlist with readers. I have, therefore, published my first top ten posts of 2008 to be followed soon by two more top ten posts in 2009 and 2010. Thereafter I will do it annually. It is a wonderful way to keep your old and evergreen articles alive.

 5. A follow-up post: Writing a sequential post with a link to a previous post is another smart way to promote your old post. In this way, the old post gets noticed by new as well as old readers.

 6. Ping old popular posts to social networking sites: Your new acquaintances on the Net may not aware of your old posts. It is a good idea to ping your articles one post at a time to Facebook and Twitter to encourage your friends to visit your site and read your articles.

 7. Email subscribers: Do you have email subscribers? Write to them, especially your new subscribers, and talk to them about a few old articles and encourage them to go to your site and read them.


 Do you have more ideas to keep your old posts fresh and new?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...