Monday, February 22, 2010

8 Easy Writing Tips


writing tips

















“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.”— Louis L’Amour
Writing and posting an article a day is a challenge for me. Ideas on certain days can come like a flowing stream. On other days my mind is like a drying lake in the desert. Here are my ways that I come up with inspiration for my daily task:


Write at the same time at the same place: Morning is the best time for me to write. I am an early riser. My mind is fresh and I am full of energy. The habit will somehow tune my mind to come out with writing ideas.

Preparation: In the evening I will do research for the next article. The title of a book or an article on the Internet will generate writing ideas. Looking at a subject with a different perspective and adding a new twist to a story are some of the ways to deliver a new article. Sometimes a title in itself will strike my mind to produce a completely different post.

Daily reading: This is important. There is no way that you can write in isolation. You have to learn from better writers and feed your mind with new ideas from extensive reading. Reading newspapers, magazines, and articles on the Net in Chinese and English are essential routines for me.

Refer to my old articles: Looking at my old articles and pick one article to add, revise, or expand upon.

Check my most popular posts: How can I come with a new article with the same topic? I will develop new ideas along this line.

Identify newspaper headlines: What is the latest hot story of the day? I refer to the headline and come up with an article relating to my niche. Such a subject will definitely drive traffic to your blog. Strike while the iron is hot.

Ideas from nowhere: You get ideas when you are doing something else. I get ideas when I am doing my Tai Chi in the morning. I get ideas while I am walking to my office. You may get your best ideas when you wake up in the morning.

Just write: This is the last resort. I have no idea at all and it is also time to write. I just write what is coming out of my mind and scribble. As you go along you can discover an idea for a new post


This article was written in the morning and the idea occurred while I was on my way to my office. What are the other ideas that you have got that you can share with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...